AKKO Switches that will Make You Love Typing
We all have used computers at least once in our life. Most
of us actually use it every day. So, we are all familiar with keyboard. But
many of us do not know what is mechanical keyboard. To put is simply, a
mechanical keyboard built with switches under the keycaps. The switches are
made with a stiff plastic thing called “Stem” which contains two metal contacts
and a spring built beneath it. This technology helps with key responds and
pre-travel mechanism.
Akko CS Jelly Black
Akko
CS Jelly Pink
The first impression after using them was that these are very smooth to use. That is the main big feature about this switch. They are probably the smoothest Akko switch. If you do not want to lube your switches than this is the switch I would recommend to use. That being said, if you lube these, then these switches become even more smooth like crazy smooth. And as for the sound, these do sound a mix of deep and pop. In general, I would say it is the middle land between deep sound and poppy sound. The materials that have been used in these are similar to those of Jelly Black. These are also Linear switch.
Source:Freepik
Akko
CS Vintage White
This is the last Linear switch for today. This Vintage White switch has earned a very special spot in my heart. At first, I thought there would be not much uniqueness in it. However, I was wrong about it. To my surprise, It is very light switch to handle. Probably one of the lightest switch I have used. And because of it lightness, it creates a very poppy sound. It is by far poppiest switch to use from Akko. Additionally, it comes alive after lubing them. The scratchiness goes away and the rattle-free “tick-tick-tick” sound that it produces is melodious to the ears. It gives a very typewriter vibe.
Akko
Lavender Purple
This is a Tactile switch. Some say this is the “Tactile King”. After using it for a while, I realized why they that. Although it is lightweight switch just like Vintage Whites, the tactile force of this Lavender Purple is on the high-end. And the combination of these makes this switch so unique. The sound is poppy. But the springs provided in it are very long. Which makes it feel a bit light when pressed down. Also, there is a fair amout of bump felt when tapped. This gives a decent feedback while typing.
Some interesting facts that I have noticed is that all these switches are 3 pin switches not 5 pin switches. Although I heard people saying it is a bad thing. However, I see this as a great strategy used by Akko. Now-a-days, Maximum budget friendly mechanical keyboard uses 3 pin system in their pcb plate. So, Akko making these 3 pin switches means these can easily be used in most budget keyboards.
Overall, these switches are very popular switches among keyboard users. If you are looking for silent deep sounding switches then you should go for Jelly Black. And if loudness is your thing, then go for Vintage White and Lavender Purple. And if you want to stay in the middle of both, then Jelly Pink is for you. No matter what switch you choose, you will definitely going to enjoy typing more than ever. For more info, please visit AKKO .
Written by Karar Nabil Montasir Rivo


Comments
Post a Comment