Adversity breeds strength
'Better to fight for something than live for nothing'
It was a long journey, though. As far as I know, it was a journey of five months. But it will declare the result of the past 20 years. Firstly, the journey started when I was in college. I knew about forces. Then a passion was created in me to join the Bangladesh Army. After that, this passion just turned into emotion. Then I started my journey. I have given the preliminary exam for the Bangladesh Army, and finally, I have passed the preliminary exam. Then the next step was a written exam. In that exam as well, I also passed. After that, the main challenge is ISSB. This is the last stage of the selection process for the Bangladesh Army. Then I worked harder and harder. After that, my ISSB date was announced. Though I was very excited and quite nervous because it is the result of the past 20 years, It is the exam for which one candidate has to stay at ISSB for 4 days. There are two types of tests held here. The first test is psychological, followed by a physical test. So I went to ISSB on March 3 at exactly 7 a.m. The reporting time was exactly 7.30 a.m. So I reached the spot with my mom and dad. Though I was very nervous, I was also a little bit excited Because it was my first time at ISSB. So we were taken inside ISSB at 7:30 a.m. Then our trolley bags had been checked before entering Inside ISSB. Then each of us was given a chest number. Then we were taken to the testing hall. After that, our IQ test started, and then we got a tea break. After that, the result will be announced. I was very nervous because many of us would be out after the result. Then I successfully passed the IQ exam. Then the next test was the PPDT test. Then, I also appeared for this test, and after that, another tea break was given. After that, the PPDT result will be given. I passed the PPDT exam as well. Then, the candidates who passed the IQ and PPDT tests are screened in, and they will stay for the next three days of tests. Then, our psychological tests started at 2 p.m. After that, all tests were finished at 8 p.m. Then we were divided into individual groups. A total of 53 candidates were screened in out of 153. After that, we were taken to the dormitory. Then we all had our dinner together. Then we just gossiped together for an hour, and then we went to our given room. After that, we changed our dresses, and then we went to sleep. The next day, we have to wake up at 5 a.m. Then on the next day, we all woke up at 5 a.m., and there was a mosque in our dormitory, so we performed our salat, and then we again donned formal dress for breakfast. Then, after completing our breakfast, we again went to our room, and then we changed our dresses and wore the ground dresses. After that, the ground staff took us to visit the ground and DP viva room. Then we again gathered together, and then our GTO sir gave us a briefing about ground activities. Then, after an hour, we were taken to the ground, and our GTO sir started the physical tests one by one. The first test was a mile test; we had to run 1 km within 4 minutes, 30 seconds. Then, the next test was a group discussion test, and the next test was an extempore speech session. After that, the final test was the PAT (physical ability test). So after finishing those tests, we were taken to the medical center, where our medical officers started checking us up, and then they also took blood, besides the ECG test, the X-ray test, and the urine test. After that, the skin test Then, after all these medical tests, we were told to get ready for the DP viva. On the second day, some of our candidates vivas were done, and the rest of the candidates vivas were done on the third day. My viva was held on the second day, and I was quite nervous. Then a staff member told me to wait in the waiting room. After some time, that staff told me to go to the viva room. Then I just knocked on the door and asked permission. After getting permission, I entered the room, and then DP sir asked me, Are you a nervous candidate? I replied, No sir! I am okay, sir. Then he asked me about my family and about my current institution. Then he asked me, Why do you want to join the Bangladesh Army? Why should they select me? Why not others? What different qualities do I Have? So I got nervous, then my brain got fully blanked, and as a result, I couldn't answer them properly. Then, in a nervous situation, I told him something like, I don't study at any university; it's my great fault. After that, I showed some emotional behavior in some cases, and as a result, my DP viva was not satisfactory. My viva session lasted for 1 hour and 40 minutes. Then, with a sad face, I just came back to my dormitory. Then I went to bed early because I had to wake up early in the morning the next day. So, on the third day, the last day of tests, On that day, Planning tasks, PGT, HGT, and CT were held. I successfully passed all the tests, but it is a matter of sorrow that my DP viva was not satisfactory, so I was depressed, and then my group mates started to console me. Then they told him, Brother, you have another chance, so don't miss that chance. But it is a matter of sorrow that I couldn't attend the next session of ISSB. After that, The result time was announced—the time to give the results of the past 20 years. Then the result was given. I just got a Red card. Then, when I came out of ISSB, I saw my mom and dad waiting, and I couldn't give them the expected result. It was a nice journey.
• Nazim Mahmud Zishan.
• S.A Lima.
Comments
Post a Comment